Monday, February 29, 2016

From my devotional this morning.

Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!  Psalm 46:10

This Psalm began by exclaiming that God is our refuge and strength.  After affirming that we should not fear, the author then calls upon us to “Be still and know that I am God”.   I think it is important that these two concepts are linked together.  I do not believe that we can know that God is our refuge and strength until we stop and know that He is God.  To be able to appreciate who God is, we must be willing to step back from the chaos of our day and meditate on Him.  When we are willing to take the time to invest in Him with no distractions, God can infuse us with the strength we need to face the obstacles in our life.  Chaos leads to more chaos.  If we do not take the time to be still, we will remain disconnected from God.  Do not let the world keep you from peace.  Stop today and know that He is God. 

AGK

No comments:

Post a Comment