Saturday, February 27, 2016

This morning I am overwhelmed.  Overwhelmed with His love for me.  As I read Matthew 27:45-54 and look at Jesus' separation from His Father so that He could bear my sins and give me life, fully here and in heaven with Him - overwhelmed.  That is how much He cares for a sinner like me.  His love, when I really open my eyes and take the time to look, is all around me.  The outpouring of love from family and friends.  His love shown through my caring husband who keeps me centered.  His love through my daughter and sons.  He even continues to remind me of His love and care in little things, like today's devotion from Jesus Calling:   Keep your eyes on me!  Waves of adversity are washing over you, and you feel tempted to give up.  As your circumstances consume more and more of your attention you are losing sight of Me.  Yet I am with you always, holding you by your right hand.  I am fully aware of your situation, and I will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able to bear.  Your gravest danger is worrying about tomorrow.  If you try to carry tomorrow's burdens today, you will stagger under the load and eventually fall flat.  You must discipline yourself to live within the boundaries of today.  It is in the present moment that I walk close to you, helping you carry your burdens.  Keep your focus on My Presence in the present.  - Psalm 73:23; 1 Corinthians 10:13.  I know the next year is going to be tough, but He has got me.  That is evident all around me if I just open my eyes and stay focused on Him.

2 comments:

  1. Valerie and Jeff, know that Myles and I are praying for you and are so excited for you. That devotional was so appropriate this morning, and such a reminder that even as we step out of our comfort zone He is made great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What an incredibly beautiful post, Cuz! And point on! I will save this to read again and again. OXO

    ReplyDelete