Friday, February 26, 2016

2-25-16 - Thursday Posted by Valerie Bynum

Today - ordering “new bills” to take to the Ukraine (they don’t take “old” ones), figuring out a cell phone “plan” - take old iPhones and get a SIM card there, ordering perfume as gifts for the ladies that work in the orphanage, finalizing an apartment for the first 3 days in Kiev, figuring out how to travel with a wad of cash, picking an appropriate suitcase to haul through a city where even the streets are smaller. Then vain things, like my sweet friend putting brown back in my hair so I don’t have to look like a skunk when my roots start growing in after 10 weeks of being away.  All the while, thinking really, this is what You want me to do?  Yet this morning as I was spending time with my Dad I read this by David Jeremiah - “The Lord has a calling on our lives, and we’ll discover His will as we’re willing to obey Him without reservation.  Sometimes it’s hard to say, “I’m Willing”.  But perhaps you can start by saying, “Lord, I’m willing for You to make me willing to be willing”.  In any case, open your life to the fullness of God’s plan for you.  When we learn the will of God, we begin to live in the will of God.”  -  YES!!  That is what I want - to be in His will.  So, I don’t need to be discouraged.  I will not give up until I shout His praises to the generation to come.  Its time to swim against the current.  Keep transforming me Lord!!


To live according to the will of God is to know the life that wins” - G. Christian Weiss

No comments:

Post a Comment